Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First WIP of 2012!


I'm glad that this is back because I love lists, and gathering all my quilting stuff each week!

I was fortunate enough to end 2011 with just 1 WIP. The quilt I gave my boyfriend for Christmas. It's got a fleecy/minky/cuddly/pain-in-the-butt fabric on the back, and I only got 3 sides sewn [at 5 am Christmas morning!] together before turning it right-side-out, and calling it good enough to give to him.


Of course, now I have to finish it. And yesterday the high was about 42 [very very very rare in Orlando, mind you] and we all froze, and of course it would have been so nice for him to be able to snuggle under that blanket. And of course it still wasn't finished.

It's only been 4 days of 2012, but I already have 2 big projects on my plate: 

1. A quilt for my old roommate's birthday at the end of January. I'm using this photo as my inspiration [um, I LOVE it], and making a pyramid quilt with a Ruby by Bonnie and Camille charm pack and some coordinating solids, and white.

Source
2. A quilt for my best friend from high school. She went to MIT for her undergrad, and I was lucky enough to be able to visit her twice, but now she goes to Berkeley, and I can't afford to fly out to California. Her birthday is in July and I want to send her a quilt before then. It's going to be deep plums, rich dark blues, and coal gray. I'm reviewing designs now, but I'm thinking something abstract, as she majored in architecture. 

As for finishes, my only finish of 2012 has been this cute little pouch:


It's for a present for a friend, and is filled with some toiletries. Her boyfriend bought a quilt from me for her for Christmas, so I know she totally digs handmade. It's pink polka dot lining, and I think for the next one I will add some interfacing in addition to the batting. It stands up on its own, but I'd like it to be a little stiffer [um, and maybe less wrinkly than this picture, whoops!].

Feel free to head over to Lee's to check out what other people have been up to in 2012 so far! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the matryoshka fabric!! Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, i'm not sure how I haven't seen your blog/sewing before! Popped over from lee's and so glad I did! It's nice to meet you :)

    Annaliese @ http://thepewteracorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)