Ok ok, so the title of this post makes it sound like there's a marching band or something. Which maybe there is over here on my end!
This little blog is one year old as of last Friday!
[in no certain order] In one year of blogging I have:
- Taught myself everything I know about quilting...I've never taken a class nor was I taught to sew by my mom/grandma/etc. I've soaked it all up through blogs and a lot of trial and error [mostly error]! Thanks, guys!
- Spent hundreds of dollars on fabrics and notions and accessories for my sewing machine
- Had a booth at a huuuge craft fair
- Cursed a lot as I ripped millions of stitches out over the course of the year
- Realized that I don't have a lot of patience for being bad at something
- Accepted my first, and then additional, commissioned projects
- Opened an Etsy shop
- Created PDF embroidery and cross-stitch patterns
- Started making my own clothing
- Been hired to teach quilting classes at a LQS
- Participated in 5 swaps so far
- Encountered countless blank stares from people who don't get why a 23-year-old quilts
- Conducted an apartment search based on the fact that I wanted/needed a room for my sewing to grow
- Joined my first online sewing bee
- Pulled 3 all-nighters to finish quilts for certain occasions
- Been accepted to an e-zine and a newsstand magazine for my sewing/patterns
- Decorated my apartment in more patchwork than should probably be allowed for 1000 sq ft
I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished so far with this little random venture of mine and pretty excited to see where I have yet to go on this journey. I love having a useful hobby that isn't common among my friends. I love having a place online to connect with people who get it.
As a thank you for following along on this crazy ride I'd like to host a giveaway for a mini quilt, made by yours truly. This mini quilt will feature a block that I'm currently working into a pattern...it's a 24" block, so the mini will be a decent size. I'm not going to give any sneak peeks of the design, but it does involve curves and was completely inspired by The Sometimes Crafter's Retro Flowers quilt! The winner will get to choose the desired color scheme, and then I will have a month to make and ship the mini. Plus there might be some other goodies thrown in too :)
If this is something you're interested in, please leave a comment on this post by 12 pm EST Friday October 26th and I will randomly choose a winner. Open to anyone in the world.