Please stop being so awesome because my brain is on overload.
Seriously, my brain is buzzing with ideas. I can't help it. I read about a contest or challenge, not because I'm seeking them out, but because bloggers that I read daily are mentioning them or hosting them, and I think of an idea. And then I can't get that idea out.of.my.head.
1. Tangerine Tango Challenge - the idea wouldn't leave me alone; thankfully it just needs binding though
2. The Modern Mini Challenge - instantaneous plans involving either clamshells or diamonds; maybe I should make 2 minis?
3. Sew, Mama, Sew's True Love contest - creating my own paper piecing pattern; the idea was actually my second, after I discarded the first for being too easy/expected
4. fabric? must. stash. cross-stitch idea - had to draw it out and make it once it took hold in my little brain
5. Moda Bakeshop's sewing version of Chopped? - love it; buckles have been on my brain since I read about it
The point of this is: Heaven forbid I even get a job at this point. All I want to do is sew until my ideas come to fruition. But more exciting contests keep popping up! More ideas! I don't even do it for the chance to win a prize, although that would be nifty. I do it because I feel compelled to compete and challenge myself.
Oh, and I know you're reading through this and thinking that I should probably just get some brain self-control and that you really just wanted to see the interlocking stars quilt that I said I'd be showing today. Well, sadly, Florida weather is awful today. It's not always sunshine, and today is particularly dreary. So no photos of the full quilt. But I have a consolation prize! Sort of. Not really.
|Apologies for the crappy photo, I told you today's weather was bad.|
You see that fantastic fabric right there? Well, it's awful to quilt over. I couldn't see my stitches at all. I thought I was doing fine, and then when my bobbin ran out I turned the quilt over to see this:
|Also, I'm apparently not so good at large stippling.|
Devastating. Nothing I can do about it now, but man does it show up so well on that solid backing. I was quite aggravated, because I've never looped over my stitches before when stippling. First time for everything?
On a final note, they started announcing Sewing Summit teachers today. Attending the Sewing Summit was one of my goals for 2012. Apparently registration starts in March. Anyone thinking of going? I think I'd want a friend to bolster my courage, and if I'm going to take a leap and attend a sewing conference, I might as well take another leap and think about rooming with someone I've never met in person.