Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pillows make for a quick finish!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations


Celebrating finishes with Megan today at Canoe Ridge Creations!

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks for me, and as such, I haven't been sewing quite as much.

I did just finish a quick little pillow though, in perfect form for my Florida surroundings [which is still in 80+ degree weather, unfortunately!]

 Just something very simple. I am always very aware that so many things I make do not necessarily appeal to the males out there, and I think that's a shame. So I try to make some "masculine" things every now and then. I think the "Going Coastal" line is perfect to appeal to a boy/man, but also perfect for a beach-y theme, and something that a woman would not mind having in her house. Cuz ya know, it's all about us ;)

 Straight quilting following the seams continues the clean and simple look.

And seriously, those starfish? I had only gotten that print in the orange, but I clearly should order it in all the other colors too!
This pillow is big and fluffy at 20" [which is the optimal size pillow for pillow fights. I'm an expert].


On another note, I've decided to put my "A Very Merry Grinchmas" quilt up for sale in my Etsy shop. I love it so much, and you can read my posts about it here and here. It's probably my favorite quilt to date. I would love for it to go to a home with kids who can sit under it while they read the book with their parents. My dad read my sisters and I "The Night Before Christmas" every Christmas Eve until I was in college, and it's a very special memory. This Grinchmas quilt needs some memories too :)
And hey, I'm offering free domestic shipping for Cyber Monday [those shipping costs are within the US; international shipping is also listed]

3 comments:

  1. How fun is that pillow!!!!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun--I love that fabric line! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)