Monday, October 24, 2011

The One Where I'm Exhausted From Sewing a Lot

I have had a very full day already, and I am a bit exhausted.

I got up this morning to drop a load of food off at a local food pantry that is in dire need of donations. My adorable little 8-year-old Brownie Girl Scouts collected the food; I'm so proud!

Then I had to run across town to the LQS again, because I needed some more Flurry.
For this...

Yes, I am ashamed of this terrible picture. No, there are no windows anywhere close to that wall/room. And yes, my camera battery is dead so this is my cell phone.
Everyone, this is SuperSwoon [or it will be]. SuperSwoon, this is everyone. SuperSwoon is 48" square, loves Christmas, and eats Wheaties and baby Swoons for breakfast.

Now that the introductions are out of the way, I'll tell you the reason for the picture. This is eventually going to be a tree skirt, and I have to admit I'm really excited to see how it will turn out. I still need to make the flying geese pieces, but I didn't want the foundation rectangles to get lost in the tragedy that I call a table right now, so I stuck them up where they will eventually go. And you know what, I kinda dig this set up. I think I'd still want the outside green pieces to be flying geese and have the points, but I think it looks cool like this too.

Anyways, this is Flurry and those super adorable Happy Holiday gnomes, and Kona white. And it was really easy to enlarge Swoon for this idea. I've also shrunk it to fit on a pillow, so very versatile!

So I cut and sewed all that so far on SuperSwoon, plus I pieced a backing for, and then basted, the Jovial table runner from a few posts back.

I'd like to take a nap, but for this grad student, the evening means 3 hour classes. At least by the time I get home I'll want to sew some more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages from friends :)