Um, Kelsey tells me there's only 50 days left in 2012?
Let's take a look at my list, shall we?
3. Blue and orange quilt for my little sister - no progress, but at least the blocks are all made
4. Set of pillows for my older sister's birthday - well, this has become a maybe Christmas present
5. King-size quilt for my bed - shelved until the new year due to the list at the bottom of the post
6. Pillow Talk Swap 9 - this will be done by the mailing deadline on Thursday; hoping to finish it tomorrow
Really, Really Would Like to Do
7. Halloween pillows for my couch - ahem, not done, will be stricken from the list
8. Washi tunic - I cut the pieces out! Baby steps.
10. Pencil skirt out of linen - this probably won't happen, but I made a corduroy Schoolhouse Tunic instead, so I feel ok with it.
11. Autumn bunting - didn't happen, so will be stricken from the list
12. Christmas tree skirt - I just ordered a charm pack of Blitzen to make a simple tree skirt; I was paralyzed by wanting to make something perfect out of a design I came up with, but I realized I can always make another one at some point.
13. Shower curtain for my bathroom - almost certainly not going to happen at this point
So why is so little of my list completed? Because I now have a whole new list of things that really, really have to be completed because they're sales in my Etsy shop or magazine submissions [which I totally love and appreciate, it just all came in an onslaught!]:
- 5 gnoma advent calendars
-set of custom Quidditch Potter Pattern hoops
-bundle of 7 Potter Pattern hoops for a baby nursery
-hand-embroidered article of clothing that is taking waaaayyyy longer than I expected and is already 2 weeks overdue :(
I also volunteered to make a quilt out of blocks that are being donated for the Hurricane Sandy relief effort organized by Jennifer at Knotted Thread. I took a day off work to guarantee that it gets done if I can't do it in snippets here and there.
And now, after getting up at 6 am to go to work for a few hours on a Saturday, I'm going to take a nap and then tackle some of this list. Make sure you check out some of the other progress reports over at Kelsey Sews :)