Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sew Mama Sew winners!

Yay for winning stuff!

First off, it was inspiring to read when everyone started sewing/quilting. I think the youngest was at 3 years old! That's nuts. When I was 3 I almost bit my tongue off and had to be rushed to the hospital, so clearly I was not ready for anything involving a needle! :) Thank you also for the advice about joining a guild; I read each and every comment, and if I didn't respond, I'm sorry [things got a little hectic around here]. I really liked the advice of a few people who said that they've embraced the online community as a guild of sorts, allowing them to connect with people who share their interests and styles. So for now [especially since my local guild meets on Wednesday mornings, which isn't doable] I'm going to get as much out of all you wonderful people as I would a guild. And this way I have access to way more people than I ever would locally. I had one commenter from Qatar...super cool! 

On to the results!

So I took a picture with my phone of the Random Number Generator results for each, because I couldn't save just the image on my computer, and didn't have the time to finagle with it.

And without further ado...

I first chose #24, which is Lee, who has won the pillow cover. She's been quilting for over 30 years! Since I have yet to reach anywhere close to 30, having a hobby for that long is pretty amazing to me. I hope to still love sewing and quilting, and I hope to maybe be on my 2nd sewing machine by then :)


The winner of the fabric, which was my 2nd drawing, is #126, @pril! Her blog looks like it's got all sorts of good stuff, so go check it out. Plus, she's got a twin, and they say that's twice the fun :)



So congrats ladies, I've emailed you both. And thanks to everyone who checked out my little corner of the quilting world, who added my blog to their reading lists, and who encouraged and complimented me.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you - I am excited to have won! Congrats on graduating!! Very exciting for you and as a parent with three college/grad kids I understand the excitement! happy day to you and thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was excited to win. The very day I got the fabrics in my hands I sewed them all up: What I made with the fabrics I won!

    @pril
    KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
    For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)