Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Giveaway Day winner!
I'm so sorry I'm a little late on this, but the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway Day winner is Karen Chatters, who loves the Pow Wow pattern! So I guess that's my next quilt too ;) I've emailed Karen yay!
And because some people mentioned being curious in what kind of advice was given, this is what people said about fitting sewing into the work week:
1. "Work on a little bit at a time because it all adds up eventually"
2. "Sew for 15 minutes a day"
3. "Schedule your time or else it won't end up happening"
4. "Ignore the housework!" [favesies]
5. "I have no idea because I have no time to sew either"
6. "Get up early and sew before the day starts"
I'm trying to make #6 work...so far I've managed to wake up earlier, but I haven't actually managed to make it out of bed yet. Baby steps, right?
In other news, Me-Made-May is trucking along. This was my outfit from today - a lace Grainline Scout Tee with a linen skirt from Target. I'll be doing a mid-month outfit update this weekend.
And I don't know about you all, but I have had a fabulous day. I got a job offer [that I'm accepting!], received payment from Stitch magazine, had free salted caramel truffle ice cream from Haagen Dazs, and had lunch out with friends. It doesn't get much better than that :)