Monday, March 11, 2013

It's my birthday and I'll sew if I want to -



I celebrated my birthday over the weekend with quite a few fabulous things:


Pancakes at the Old Spanish Sugar Mill where you make them yourself at your table. It's located at the Florida park where the Fountain of Youth is at!

Shopping trips at IKEA that included yards of that black and white texty number fabric as well as a curtain panel that I'll be using to back a quilt [that I'm so excited about!].


An out-of-this-world delicious meal of chicken/apple/brie wraps and gourmet mac&cheese with bacon.


Lots of kitten naps.


A bowtie collar for Ares :)


And of course, some sewing! More work on my Pantone Emerald challenge. I'm waffling on arrangement of my teardrop shapes.


I prepped for sewing a Grainline Scout tee in this black lace.


And I worked on several projects that I'm not allowed to show all of yet, including this little bit above.

Now for some PSAs:

1. My younger sister is a freshman in college, and is a journalism major. She just had to start a blog for one of her classes, and since her goal is to work for a fashion magazine, her blog is all about fashion. Feel free to pop on over to Classmade and say hello!

2. My mom is trying to destash some of her Creative Memories and Stampin' Up supplies, so I set her up an Etsy shop. If anyone dabbles in those crafts as well then feel free to see if there's anything you want. If you do want to purchase something then you can use SEWFESTIVE15 for a 15% discount on your order.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! II amso celebrated my birthday this weekend along with 4 other friends! There are a lot of birthdays this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Good food, sewing, fabric shopping - sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! That wrap sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I got some of that from Ikea too, and thank you for giving me an idea of what to do THIS birthday - I'll put my foot down when somebody suggests something "romantic" that is too far away from my sewing machine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)